Saturday, April 23

Henry would be the least intimidating lion in the jungle

Henry Ford got shaved yesterday so I thought I would share some before, during and after pics.  The groomer gave him a lion cut but fierce is not a word I would use to describe the end result.  He looks so strange sans hair but the groomer said not to laugh at him too much because cats' feelings can get hurt, who knew.

*more pictures after the jump


Before: Our show cat minus the showing part
As you can clearly see, we didn't shave him simply because we thought it would look good, as it looks terrible. Really, we have been neglectful owners which, combined with his long hair, created essentially one solid mat that covered his whole back.

When the groomer was shaving him, he was licking my hands, purring, and even lifted his legs so she could get underneath.  She said she had never had a cat so easy going which I'm sure is a combination of his demeanor and how uncomfortable he has been.



It's a funny thing that we went all the way to Toronto to get a pure bred flame point Himalayan just to end up getting him shaved to the point that he has less hair than a cat I could have got from the farm for nothing.



Do you think we'll learn our lesson and comb him everyday so this doesn't have to happen again?  No worries, I strongly have my doubts also.

No comments:

Post a Comment